google

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Avon's Tangtastic & New White Mosaic Polish Review!!

Before I get to the polish review, I would like to start by saying I'm a bit upset with Avon right now.  They came out with a new line of polish in Campaign 4 called A Carnival Of Colors, with the colors, Orange Creamsicle, Fucshia Fun, Sweet Mint, Blue Escape, Aqua Fantasy & Loving Lavender.  I ordered them all except the Loving Lavender.  When my Avon lady delivered my order, there was a note that said No Longer Available on all the colors!!!! I was sitting there thinking, are you serious Avon???? Why put all those new colors in the book if they aren't available???  So, I went to Avon.com to check out what the problem was.  On their site, under the colors, it says, Available soon on 3 of the 6 colors.  So, 2 of the colors I ordered were available, but they didn't send them.  On the other hand, maybe the colors were in such demand they ran out, who knows.  All I know is that I wanted mine!!! I'm done ranting now I feel better :)
Now on to the review.  For this manicure I started with Avon smooth beginnings base coat, Avon nailwear pro in Tangtastic, Avon mosaic effects in white & a clear top coat.  I really liked this color.  It's a very pretty shade of orange, about the same color as a tangarene, hence the name.  I thought it looked great after 1 coat, but I chose to use 2.
I then went over top of that with Avon's mosaic effects in white.  I'm not sure if I like the way this turned out or not.  Maybe it's because I'm not doing it right, I don't know.  This was only my 2nd try at using crackle polish.  I don't know if I am supposed to use a thick amount or a thin amount.  I feel like when it's thick, it looks better, when it's thin, it tends to get clumpy & start to pull the color with it.  I guess what they say about practice makes perfect is true. 
Like I said, I'm not sure if I like the way it looks or not.  Maybe with a brighter color underneath, it would have turned out much better.  The Tangtastic is a very pretty color though. I would recommend that.  It went on nice & smooth, didn't clump at all & it looked great with 1 coat, but I did 2.  I hope you like my review & if you have tried crackle polish, leave a comment & let us know how it turned out for  you. As always, Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment